Why and when is it necessary to create limiting definitions of the family?
The family unit has been and continues to be the basic unit of society. As such an integral part of the larger social system, the family is impacted by all social, economic, political, and environmental changes. Thus, the family is dynamic in nature, responding and adapting to change. To allow such flexibility, families must engage in the management process, using basic decision-making tools and accessing necessary resources to maintain over time.
QUESTIONS FOR REVIEW AND DISCUSSION
- Why and when is it necessary to create limiting definitions of the family?
- Other than money, how many resources can you list that would be important in the management of families?
- How have culture and worldview influenced your decision to study family resource management?
- Individuals and families use the basic decision-making steps for even small situations. Trace your most recent eating experience through the process.
- Using the worldview framework in this chapter, determine your personal combination of the five dimensions.
- Marriage and divorce are two important topics in this field. How might researchers in economics and social psychology differ in the way they approach these topics? Psychology and sociology?
- Book : Tami James Moore & Sylvia M. Asay “Family Resource Management”
- Place Your Order Here!