How to Design a Flyer in Word
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 pm EST day of Unit 7
Internet marketing practices have raised a number of ethical and legal questions. Some direct marketers have been accused of taking unfair advantage of buyers. Fraudulent schemes such as investment scams and phone charity collections have grown exponentially over the past few years.
Your company is conducting a seminar to inform employees about Internet security and privacy concerns at your firm. You have been asked to create a flyer, pamphlet, or brochure advertising the seminar. Your goal is to entice employees to attend this seminar so be creative!
Items to include in your flyer:
- The event name. Include a catchy slogan.
- The main topics covered in the seminar including privacy concerns, Internet security issues, ethical concerns associated with online marketing at your company, why employees should attend, what they will get out of it, how it will help them at their job, etc.
- The event information (time, date, location, etc.).
References are not required for this assignment but if you use resources from another source, you need to include them in your flyer.
How to Design a Flyer in Word:
- In Word, open the File tab and select New from the menu.
- Under the search bar, select Flyers. … • Browse through the free flyer templates Word displays, until you find a design you like.
- Click on it, then click Create.
- Clear and professional writing is required.
Be sure to read the criteria below by which your work will be evaluated before you write and again after you write.
Evaluation Rubric for Unit 7 Assignment
|Event Name with a Catchy Slogan
|The event name and slogan are missing or poorly presented.
|The event and slogan name are present but missing key details.
|The event and slogan name are present but missing minor details.
|The event and slogan name catches the readers attention.
|The main topics are missing or poorly presented.
|The main topics are present but are missing key details.
|The main topics are present but are missing minor details.
|Main topics are fully and thoughtfully addressed.
|The event information is missing or poorly presented.
|The event information is present but missing key details.
|The event information is present but missing minor details.
|Event information is fully addressed.
|The creativity of the flyer design is missing or poorly presented.
|Creativity of the flyer is present but missing key details.
|Creativity of the flyer is present but missing minor details.
|The flyer is thoughtfully designed and information is presented in a creative way.
|Clear and Professional Writing
|Errors impede professional presentation; guidelines not followed.
|Significant errors that do not impede professional presentation.
|Few errors that do not impede professional presentation.
|Writing and format are clear, professional.